Identity access management (IAM) encompasses the policies, processes and products for the management and regulation of user identities. Access is in reference to the actions performed by the user. In addition, due to the digital global economy, IAM also links the productivity and security of the entire enterprise.
The Specifics of IAM Authorization
We understand that the design of IAM systems must enable identification, authentication and authorization. Importantly, only the correct individuals should be able to access hardware, IT resources, computers and software apps. Some of the key IAM components for an IAM framework are:
- Database with the access privileges and identities of the users
- Tools for monitoring, deleting, creating and modifying access priveledges
- System used for access history and auditing login
IT departments, which are responsible for data management and cybersecurity usually handle the IAM functions. The tools include identity repositories, provisioning software, monitoring and reporting apps and password management. We see API security as essential for single sign-ons between user-managed access and mobile applications. This enables the management of personally identifiable data and IoT device authorization by security teams.
The Importance of Identity Access Management
We have found IAM is a crucial aspect of enterprise security plans. Moreover, in today’s digitized economy is IAM directly linked to the productivity and security of the whole identity governance. We have seen compromised user standards allow an entry point into the information assets and networks of numerous organizations.
The added Value of Identity Access Management
Currently, we expect the cost of ransomware damage to be more than $5 billion this year. As a comparison, it would be an increase of 15 % of the damages happened in 2016. That is why IAM became an important tool nowadays. In other words, IAM solutions provide a safeguard for informational assets. They provide protection for the increased threat of ransomware and malware attacks including phishing and criminal hacking.
Commonly, a lot of organizations provide users with more access privileges than required. Identity management software provides an additional protection layer by making certain user access policies and rules remain consistent throughout the organization.
Software For Identity and Access Management
Identity management software enables companies to increase access to all information systems using a wide range of SaaS tools, mobile apps and on-premises applications without compromising security. When outsiders receive better access, collaboration can be driven in numerous ways as employee satisfaction, revenue, enhanced productivity or research and development. When identities are well-managed, the organization has better control, which means that the risk of both external and internal breaches will decrease. We feel this is very important due to the increased frequency of these threats.
The Ability of Identity and Access Management software
With its several functions, the IAM might enhance the business productivity of the whole company. IAM offers users the ability for:
- Setting up and configuring uses, roles and groups to control which users receive authorization for access to company resources
- The creation and implementation of identity access management policies for restricting or granting specific permission for a wide range of resources
- The implementation of multi-factor authorization
- The implementation of a password policy in alignment with the internal security controls of the organization
Choose security and convenience with Teamstack
Teamstack, with its excellent reputation and high standards, provides workforces with convenient and secure access through an access and cloud identity management platform. Teamstack provides organizations with critical IAM solutions including:
- Single Sign-on: From the perspective of the user, Teamstack is an excellent option as the need to sign into numerous applications individually has been eliminated. Furthermore, the IAM solutions only require Teamstack credentials to be entered once access to every application has been achieved. Currently, Teamstack has established integration with over 500 popular applications to ensure users are granted priveledges for single sign-on.
- Multi-Factor Authentication: Teamstack is about a lot more than a simply ease-of-use. The key goal is making the process of offboarding and onboarding incredibly smooth for team members. Teamstack can use different factors for authentication across numerous security levels for the entire organization.
- Secure Cloud Directory: Our Cloud Directory enables organizations to manage groups, permission levels, users and authentication methods through a secure and intuitive web interface. In this case, Teamstack ensures that users are synced using real-time. The organization can oversee all the approved users while identifying any fraudulent activities. This is one of many reasons Teamstack is able to provide exceptionally strong identity and access management tools.
- One-Click Provisioning: One of the best tools we offer is our one-click provisioning feature. Only one click is necessary for the addition or removal of a user from the organization’s applications. The need to monitor which employees have access to specific applications and sharing passwords individually has been completely eliminated.
The bottom line
To conclude, Teamstack simultaneously increases the security and production of workers in a range of environments. Numerous aspects of secure user access can be automated for enterprise data and networks.
Protect your account
Above all, since all IT positions in modern society have become security positions, we have found these benefits critical. The shortage of cybersecurity workers is global with penalties for noncompliance with relevant regulations. Noncompliance can cost companies millions or billions.